House Removals, Business Removals, Man & Van in Summertown, Oxfordshire
When it is time for you to move to a new home, you will want to find a moving company that is reputable, professional and trustworthy. At Removal Oxford (Summertown), we are committed to providing high-quality and reliable removal services. Our personalised approach ensures that each client receives the right solutions for their problems, as well as adequate attention to their individual needs.
Why Removals Summertown:
We, as an established removal company, have the proper equipment to transport your belongings to a new location. We have spacious, well-maintained trucks and vans. We will show up at your front door on time and we can handle heavy items like furniture, exercise equipment, yard equipment, plasma televisions, and large household appliances. For small scale moving jobs, we offer man and van at your disposal. In case you need an extra hand for packing or even storage, give us a call and we will get you covered!
Man and Van
If you have recently located or purchased a new home or office you may be overjoyed and simply can't wait to settle into your new place. But then it may hit you that transferring all of your objects and belongings will be a major challenge. Furniture is big and heavy, your personal items amount to a large size, and there is just so much to pack up for the move. Luckily, our skilled and experienced movers can take care of this for you. We can transport your items to your new destination at reasonable costs, and we will handle all the loading and unloading of your objects with professional tools and equipment, as well as personal care.
Packing is an essential part when you move house from one place to another. It is very important to have knowledge about the packing materials and containers. Pack and wrap your items securely because your stuff needs to travel long distances over the bumpy roads. If the items are not packed carefully then you have to deal with broken items during unpacking. If you don’t want to do it yourself then you can easily allocate the task to us. We will take all your stress of removals and provide the packing services with the removals and storage as well.
A Month Before The Move
- Submit your change of address forms to post office.
- Obtain documents for school transfers, if you have children.
- Find a moving company, and make reservations.
- Give your new address to friends and family.
- Hold a garage sale or otherwise lighten the load.
One Or Two Weeks Before The Move
- Move your banking accounts to the new location.
- Return rented movies, books to library, etc.
- Get your prescriptions transferred to the new location.
- Clean your house.
- Call for utility shut-offs and new connections.
- Dispose of things that won't be moved.
- Begin packing and labeling boxes.
- Organise and pack an "essentials" box for arrival (toiletries, paper plates, etc.).
- Final moving plans (make hotel reservations if needed, get maps, etc.).
Checklist For Moving Day
- Remember to eat.
- Start early.
- Check every room and storage area.
- Turn off all lights, lock the doors.
- Give the keys to the new owner or real estate agent.
Fun Facts about Summertown:
- Summertown is home to much of Oxford's broadcast media. BBC Radio Oxford and the BBC Television's Oxford studios are on Banbury Road.
- The Church of England parish church is Saint Michael and All Angels in Lonsdale Road. The parish originated as part of Saint Giles, Oxford, when the chapel of Saint John the Baptist was completed in Middle Way, Summertown in 1832. It was a chapel of ease until 1834.
- Summertown United Reformed Church began in 1838 as a Congregational mission to Summertown. A chapel for it in Middle Way was completed in 1844.
- The Roman Catholic Parish church of SS Gregory and Augustine on Woodstock Road, was founded in 1911, the same year as SS Edmund and Frideswide.
- In 1898 the City of Oxford Tramways Company extended its Banbury Road horse tram route to a new terminus at Summertown. In 1913 the company replaced its horse trams with motor buses.